Software Development Kits for our Bluetooth® UHF RFID Readers are available to download on the TSL website (registration required). These SDKs contain everything developers need to rapidly integrate TSL ASCII 2 compatible products into the following software environments:
TSL® Software Development Kits can be freely downloaded from the following Product Download pages (free registration is required to download files):
The ASCII 2 Protocol
A set of easy to use commands and parameters allowing developers to fully harness the power of the 1128, 1153 and 1166 UHF RFID Readers
TSL has developed the unique ASCII 2 protocol for faster and easier application development. The sophisticated, parameterised ASCII 2 protocol provides the developer with a powerful set of commands that carry out multiple actions locally within the Bluetooth® reader. This approach enables complex multiple tag operations to be executed using simple pre-configured ASCII commands. This not only speeds integration of the reader into applications but also abstracts the developer from some of the complexities of the underlying Native API and ultimately results in unparalleled levels of productivity.
For documentation on the TSL ASCII 2 Protocol and sample applications, please visit the Downloads Pages mentioned above.
Microsoft Software Partner Program
We are members of the Microsoft Software partner programme and some of the developer capabilities we have include the following.
- Provide developer support for Visual Studio 2005, 2008
- Driver development capabilities using Platform Builder, eMbedded Visual C and Visual Studio
- Experience with a wide range of APIs and technologies: Winsock, WinScard / PCSC, ASP.NET, SQL, GPSID, IrDA, Bluetooth, GSM, RFID
- Firmware development in assembler and embedded C for PIC and other microcontrollers
- Secure encrypted downloader technology for FLASH upgrade of firmware in the field
The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Technology Solutions (UK) Ltd is under license. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners